Juliette Kitchen and Bar is a nice french fusion restaurant that serves tapas style dishes. This is a great place to go and enjoy good food with great wine. They also have a good scotch and whiskey selection along with a full bar. I haven’t tried all of their dishes yet, but so far all of the menu items that I have tried I enjoyed. In the picture above, going from left to right for the meats we have the Creminelli Wild Boar Salame from Utah, La Querica Prosciutto Americano from Iowa and Angels duck prosciutto from California. For the cheese we had the Siltcoos and the I’amus signature gouda.
- Creminelli Wild Boar Salame from Utah – an extremely flavorful salame with great taste
- La Querica Prosciutto Americano from Iowa – this is your traditional prosciutto which is always good
- Angels duck prosciutto from California – super rich and delicious but eat this last or it will overwhelm your taste buds
- Siltcoos – semi firm goat cheese which is subtle and great with all of the meats
- I’amus signature gouda – a very strong flavored gouda which can help clean your pallet of the meat flavors
I love duck, so you can almost never go wrong with duck as long as you don’t serve it dry. With that being said, there is almost nothing better than gnocchi (duck confit) which is duck cooked in its own fat. Although this dish is definitely not ranking points for healthy eating, what it lacks in health benefits is more than made up for in flavor.
My wife is a huge fan for mussels so whenever they are on the menu chances are we are going to order them. Juliette makes great mussels, they are perfectly cooked and you literally want to drink the broth when you are done… good thing they give you bread to soak up the broth!
If you like BBQ then you must try the Pork Cheek! The dish comes with three pork cheeks that are braised and glazed to perfection. Each pieces is like a tightly packed dynamite of pulled pork heaven.
Their lamb chops are ridiculously tender, flavorful and cooked to perfection. The sauce is addicting and sweet while the meat is delicately seasoned. This is one of their more expensive dishes but if you love lamb it is worth it.
All of their desserts are good, but they each have their own flavor profile. Currently their website menu is out of date, but in the picture above we have:
- Turtle Bar (top left) – This dessert tastes exactly like a Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut Chocolate candy, just larger and richer
- Affogato (top right) – For espresso lovers this is a perfect dessert but know it is real espresso, not a sweet coffee flavored dessert
- Salted Caramel (bottom) – The name is deserving because it is more sweet than salty, this is a very rich and very sweet dessert
I almost didn’t want to blog about this restaurant just because I don’t want to see it get too busy. However, it is so good that I cannot keep this secrete to myself. They also have an amazing bar and good wine selection. So far my wine of choice has been the Chappellet 2010 Cab and my favorite drink is their high west double rye which packs a serious punch and is perfect for drinking neat.
Latest posts by Derrick Chan (see all)
- Non-GMO vs Certified Organic - May 22, 2017
- How to make kombucha - May 10, 2017
- How to cut up a whole chicken - May 7, 2017
I have been to this restaurant so many times and I have never been disappointed and Mussel’s are one my favorites. What I like is that the Chef surprises us every season with tasty new and creative dishes.
I have been wanting to try this place since they opened. Thanks for the nice pictures and descriptions. I need to try soon.
I highly recommend the pork cheek if you like pulled pork. I also recommend going during the week instead of the weekend. On the weekends it gets really busy and loud, which is great if you want that Friday or Saturday night life lounge feel. However, if you go during the week it isn’t as packed and loud so the waiters tend to give you more attention and they can spend time to really inform you about the different items on the menu. I’ve never been to a restaurant where the staff raves about the food so much. Hope you give them a try soon and enjoy it!